How to Apply
We are delighted you want to participate in a program at UEES!
The application process is outlined below.
← the forms required are available for download in the left-hand window
STEP 1: Submit your application documents to the International Affairs Office at least forty days before your program starts using the email: email@example.com
- Application for International Students
- Housing Application
- Liability Release
- Student Conduct Agreement
- Medical Information
- Spanish Placement Test for English-speakers‡
- Internship/Volunteering Questionnaire (where relevant)
- Copy of valid Passport
- Proof of Travel Insurance for the duration of your program†
- Academic Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee (US$50 if applicable)*
† sufficient to cover emergency evacuation and repatriation of remains.
‡The Universidad Espiritu Santo reserves the right to place students in the appropriate Spanish
level dependent on ability and not student preference.
*Waived for students participating through official university affiliation programs with UEES.
STEP 2: Upon being accepted, you will receive the following:
- Pre-Departure Orientation Information
- Acceptance Letter (Certificate of Eligibility for visa application)
- Pre-Departure Health Information
- Suggested Reading List
STEP 3: If you are applying to a program that is longer than 90 days, please contact your nearest Ecuadorian Consulate to obtain a student visa. Details can be found here: http://www.cancilleria.gob.ec/representaciones-en-el-exterior/
(Requirements vary by region, but generally you will require a valid passport, a completed Application Form, University Acceptance Letter and the relevant fee.)
STEP 4: Book your flights! Remember all programs begin with Orientation in Quito and please check the exact start date carefully before booking.
Once you send your arrival details to IAO, you will receive the following:
- What to Pack List
- Information on Homestay options
- Information on Internship/Volunteer options
- Invoice for the relevant costs, which should to be paid in advance of arrival where possible